With the continued growth in the sector, BCG are looking for a highly energised Extension and Events Coordinator to join their motivated and invested team to support the dissemination of high quality, independent information and research outcomes to farmers and advisors.
BCG has industry recognised, innovative and modern communication and extension delivery capability and capacity and this role will be critical in contributing to this capability. The role responsibilities are varied and diverse and will include:
- Coordination, identification, creation, presentation, distribution and delivery of BCG extension outputs.
- Plan, promote, co-ordinate and execute high calibre innovative and informative agricultural events for farmers and community in the Wimmera, Mallee and beyond.
- Support the development of content for various BCG publications through eNews, seasonal and annual publications, podcasts, videos and Technical Bulletins as well as external communications across a wide range of media to promote and support BCG’s events and extension activities.
- Oversight of the event timelines, programs and logistics including on-site management and facilities arrangements.
- Liaise with and support BCG Senior Manager – Extension and Communication to ensure contractual obligations are met and provide relevant reporting to event funding bodies and coordinate event evaluation.
BCG are proud of their culture that supports professionally curious likeminded people who are willing to test, challenge and explore ideas and the right person for this role will fit those criteria. They will also possess:
- An understanding and working knowledge of grain growing, mixed farming systems and rural communities.
- Some knowledge of extending agricultural information to the farming community, with strong communication skills with particular reference to communicating with farmers, industry partners and project teams as well as strong personal oral presentation and report writing capability.
- An affinity and desire to live rurally.
- Superior time management skills and some project coordination experience.
- Formal qualifications in agriculture, project management, event management or related discipline.
This role is part of a young team who are courageous and collegiate and who practice science that is rigorous to provide value to farmers. On offer are significant professional development opportunities, a competitive salary and career advancement opportunities.