Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a dedicated team of people committed to supporting Victorian farmers prepare for the challenges of the future?
The Birchip Cropping Group Inc (BCG) needs more people to help deliver an expanding program of work.
- An opportunity to work for a highly respected organisation
- A professional and supportive work environment
- Access to working directly with farmers and industry partners on an innovative program of work
What you need
- A desire to work in agriculture
- Energy and drive
- A willingness to work in a team
You might have
- Skills to deliver information in a range of mediums (social media, face-to-face events, podcasts)
- Report writing capabilities
We will provide training and professional development opportunities to help cover existing skills or experiences gaps.
About the role
The federal government is funding an extensive program of work under the Future Drought Fund (FDF) to help farmers prepare for drought.
The role has been created to ensure a strong focus on farmers as the customer and the uptake of FDF tools and drought resilience innovations at a localised, on-farm and community level.
Working as a member of broader network, this role will take a localised approach to engagement including targeting those that would be less likely to engage.
The role includes:
- Disseminating information about the FDF to relevant parties through a range of mediums
- Supporting farmers to use the tools developed through the FDF
- Driving uptake of innovations on-farm/at local level for improved drought resilience, including guiding farmers to relevant knowledge and helping translate that knowledge into on-farm adoption
- Connecting to identify relevant local learnings
- Providing feedback about drought resilience needs and successful solutions in the region
- Helping identify and engage individuals and hard to reach cohorts who could benefit from the services and support.
To apply for this role – send your CV to [email protected]